By Bruce Dickes
When Deb Fischer won the Republican primary in the race for the U.S. Senate seat last spring, some people were surprised and thought she had come from nowhere to win the nomination. They pointed to last minute money as the deciding factor and minimized her connection with the electorate.
Boy were they wrong!
What they failed to see was a person of immense integrity who had embarked on a 93-county, see-the-people-up-close-and-personal campaign. Deb Fischer took it upon herself to get to know all of Nebraska and give them a chance to get to know her. Thousands of hours and miles on her car later, Nebraskans liked what they saw.
With good reason!
She is a business owner who knows what it is like to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. She has experienced firsthand how the ups and downs of the economy affect a company, its owners and employees.
Deb Fischer is the textbook definition of the citizen legislator. In her campaign she touched every corner of the state and at the same time completely fulfilled her responsibilities as a member of the Nebraska legislature. Her commitment to service should be a model for every candidate and office holder.
Her core beliefs are a perfect fit for Nebraska. Deb Fischer has sworn to accomplish the following if elected:
- Put free-market capitalism back in its place as the driver of the American dream.
- Repeal the leviathan of Obamacare.
- Lower our tax burdens just like she has done in Lincoln.
- Adopt a Nebraska-knows-best for Nebraskans approach and roll back the federal overreach that is ruining everything it touches, e.g. health care, our schools, job development, the deficit, availability of energy and a laundry list of other issues.
- Secure our borders and adopt a comprehensive immigration policy to bring sanity back.
- Stand up for Americans’ 2nd Amendment rights without equivocation.
- Help eliminate questions about the direction of taxation, regulation and health care so business owners can feel comfortable investing in their businesses and start hiring people again.
- Get Washington off our backs.
Deb Fischer puts the welfare of Nebraska and its citizens first, unlike Bob Kerrey who has sworn his allegiance to Harry Reid or Ben Nelson who was eager to sell us out in the Cornhusker Kickback.