By Ted Quick
There has not been a time in my life when America has been as divided as it is today. In fact, we are possibly more divided now than at any time in our history other than during Abraham Lincoln’s term. But Lincoln ended slavery while Obama is creating it. Yes, Obama is trying to enslave those of us who are working by taking even more of that which we produce to be redistributed to those who produce very little or nothing.
$10 trillion dollars has been spent on “the poor” in the last 50 years and to what avail? And the left screams about how unfair it is that those of us who work have so much more than those who don’t. Let’s stipulate that there are those, some estimates suggest around 10% of us, who actually really do need our help and they should get it. But there is a vastly larger number who are dependent upon us makers and who are upset that we have so much more than their comparative little non-working selves. The difference is that we work to create ours while they work to take ours away.
A few days ago I got a map showing that 11 states now have more people on welfare than are actually working. In other words over 20% of our states have more takers now than they have makers. While those of us who are working are frustrating over more of our freedoms and assets being ripped away the left demands ever more for those who are undeserving.
While many will deny this, there has been a concerted effort in this country, at least since 1919, to turn us into a communist nation. The left-leaning Snopes.com says the following is “false”, while others have pointed out that because it was “captured” nearly 100 years ago, absolute proof is difficult to obtain. I have found that this piece was printed as recent or as late as 1946. So, whether it is an actual list or a made-up list of rules, I offer for your consideration the following: this comes from an Iowa newspaper article printed sometime around the 1950s (which I’ve retyped for the sake of clarity);
Communist rules for Revolution:
- Corrupt the young, get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial, destroy their ruggedness.
- Get control of all means of publicity and thereby:
- Get people’s minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books and plays and other trivialities.
- Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
- Destroy the people’s faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and obloquy.
- Always preach true democracy but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
- By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
- Foment unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward such disorders.
- By specious argument cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.
- Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view to confiscating them and leaving them helpless.
(The above rules were captured in Dusseldorf May 1919 by the Allied Forces).
“They were secured by the State Attorney’s Office from a known member of the Communist Party, who acknowledged it to be still a part of the Communist program for overthrowing our Government” –MRS. BERTHA S. KEMPF, 524 Summer.
As a good friend of mine just commented: “Wow . . . . . . that is the democratic party”. And so it is.
Again, whether it is a legitimate list or not, doesn’t it very clearly represent that which is happening today and doesn’t it logically spell the end to a free country?
In any case, you be the judge. We already live in an oligarchy, and unless quickly reversed, we will soon living under a dictatorship. Even though the roots of this started generations ago, I’m not sure in the history of the world that there has been a quicker end to a “free” nation than that which we are seeing being orchestrated against America right now and most particularly in the last four years.